Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 01:15:40 AM
Quotes: Zuko: "You lied to me!"
Azula: "Like I haven't done that before."
Avatar: The Last Airbender  |  The MovieTopic: The Last Airbender 2: Crossroads of Destiny  |  0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Last Airbender 2: Crossroads of Destiny  (Read 30183 times)
eminery
Global Moderator
Airbender

baka shniji

View Profile WWW Personal Message (Offline)
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »

http://www.the-last-airbender-2.com/

I don't know if it's a mistake, but they're spelling Azula's name like 'Azul'.
If my worst fears are confirmed and Shyamalan has decided to make some more change of names in the upcoming sequel... why Azula? If he's trying to make the name more 'authentic' like the others, my knowledge of Chinese tells me that if anything, he's actually making it worse.

Or it's a mistake; one can only hope. Still, the site has quite a bit of information. We can see that this movie will apparently be "darker and more elaborate," and the Kyoshi warriors will make an appearance.

Even still, Paramount studios hasn't yet announced any plans for the development of the franchise.

Any thoughts? Can we expect this movie to be a better attempt than the first?

Share this topic on AskShare this topic on BlinkbitsShare this topic on BlinklistShare this topic on BloglinesShare this topic on BmarksShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on DzoneShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Feed Me LinksShare this topic on FurlShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MagnoliaShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on NetvouzShare this topic on NewsvineShare this topic on OneviewShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on ScuttleShare this topic on ShadowsShare this topic on SlashdotShare this topic on SpurlShare this topic on Print FriendlyShare this topic on MeneameShare this topic on Friend feedShare this topic on SquidooShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on TipdShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

o8_jedi
Global Moderator

Please, call me "o8".

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »

That blog hasn't been updated since February.  I'd consider that "unreliable."

"Don't give into hate; that leads to the Dark Side."
--Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Empire Strikes Back--

http://quietdesperation.bandcamp.com/
eminery
Global Moderator
Airbender

baka shniji

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:09:37 AM »

Ohhh thank goodness. I only just realised that it wasn't an official site anyway.

ele

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 05:09:01 AM »

Still...
I'd say no. I have no trust in that guy, nor do i really want to go and see yet another butchering of such a great series.

On the other hand, it might make me appreciate Avatar for what it is, and much more at that....

I'm not old! Just wise in the ways of tea.
lumos
Global Moderator

That's a lot of fire, isn't it?

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 04:53:24 PM »

I just hope that falls through and never happens. I'm happy with the show. There are no movies for this series...there is no war within the walls...in Ba Sing Se we are safe...here we are free.

"Leaves from the vine, falling so slow, like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam, little soldier boy come marching home, brave soldier boy comes marching home" - Iroh
ele

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »

Gah, if that were only true.

the series is great; it doesn't need a live-action movie. That'll just ruin it...

Oh wait, it already did. I sure can't take Katara seriously anymore, though I guess I never liked her anyway but...

The Duke
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »

The movie wasn't as bad or repulsive as people made it out to be. Trust me, I cringe when I see history being perversed and ba*****ized by films just so people will enjoy them more.

No one wants to see the real Civil War or WW2! Who cares what those men did! Let's make it about zombies and ghosts!

Night did make a few mistakes, but I think with the right actors and parts, a movie of it could be really well done.

Have you rode a Fire Nation today?
ele

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »

I'm not saying it couldn't be good.. it's just a sad outlook from this point onward. Especially if it's him making the other movies.

Now imagine if Peter Jackson made an ATLA movie...

The Duke
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »

What you need is someone who shows enthusiasm about creating the project and knows the basic plots/elements of the story. Night had both qualities, but some of his decisions within the film were lacking or not so strong.

Have you rode a Fire Nation today?
Mundus
Waterbender

How can he speak face to face till we have faces?

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 05:27:58 PM »

I hope this movie actually happens, but only if Shyamalan doesn't direct it. Or have any involvement at all in the production.

There must be some way out of here
ninjaminja
Pico's favorites

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 07:28:26 PM »

I guess the first one was okay. It didn't really emphasize the series and I really hope the second one helps because it is one of the ones with the most action. They have better not ruin it. I'm ninjaminja and I am new. I have loved Avatar since the day it came out. Hope to meet all of you all.
lumos
Global Moderator

That's a lot of fire, isn't it?

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »

Are they still making a 2nd one? Sheesh...

"Leaves from the vine, falling so slow, like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam, little soldier boy come marching home, brave soldier boy comes marching home" - Iroh
Pages: [1] Print 
Avatar: The Last Airbender  |  The MovieTopic: The Last Airbender 2: Crossroads of Destiny  | 
Jump to: